Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Wood Mount vs. Clear Mount...You Decide


 I have always loved our Wood Mount stamps sets....They are deeply etched high quality rubber with a great foam backing...they always stamp clear and crisp.  So when they announced a few years ago that they were coming out with a Clear Mount set...I panicked!!!  I only had what I had bought in the stores, for acrylic stamps...and I wasn't impressed.  But Stampin' Up! came thru again...keeping the best of both worlds.  We still have our deeply etched rubber on a great foam backing...so we still get a clear, crisp image.  We have the most comfortable acrylic blocks I have used....so I can how see where I am stamping.  AND, if you have converted to Clear like me...the space savings is GREAT!!!!  I took a whole bookcase and a half, and shrunk it down to 2 shelves.  Woo-Hoo!!!! 

I
I didn't do swaps this year for Convention.  I have boxes, and boxes of card fronts from past swaps...I can't bear to throw them away.... I get most of my ideas from the SU web site, and from Blogs I follow....and I don't need to be taking up storage space, and the things I really fell in love with...I just took a picture of!!!!  But, I do miss going thru my swaps....but, there are some very generous demonstrators out there....here are 3 of the things that were just given to me....

I love Pork Chops..and here is a great Pork Chop Recipe!!!

French Onion-Pork Chop Skillet

6 boneless pork chops(1 1/2 lb.), 1/2 inch thick
2 onions thinly sliced
2 T. Worchestershire Sauce
1 pkg. (6 oz.) Stuffing mix for Chicken
1 1/2 c. hot water
1 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
Heat large nonstick skillet, sprayed with cooking spray, on medium heat.  Add chops and onions, cook 10 min.  Transfer chops to plate, keep warm.  Continue cooking onions 5 more min.  Add Worcestershire sauce, to skillet, mix well.  Reduce heat to low.  Return chops to skillet, spoon onion mixture over chops.  Mix stuffing mix and hot water.  Spoon around edge of skillet, sprinkle with cheese.  Cover, and cook 5 more min.  Enjoy and Bon Apetit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment