Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Hot, Hot Weather.....

HHHMMMM.....this sure has been a hot, hot summer....everywhere.  Today it was stifling...but right about the time I started making dinner...the wind picked up ...it was crazy, and the temps dropped...to the point...it felt chilly...very strange.

Went to Sam's Club this morning...about half the things I wanted to get, they did not have....very discouraging.  Got to the check out, and she says...your membership expires tomorrow...do you want to renew....Hmmm....think we will try Cosco this year!!!! 

Came home and worked on class projects....but I am moving really slow.  Picked out some supplies from the Holiday Catalog, for fall projects...I love Fall...so look for some fun things comin' up, along with a 3-D Punch class that has holiday decorations!!!! Fun, fun, fun!!!! 

How about some cards!!!!  This first one is the Matchbook Post-It Note Holder that we did as our Make-n-Take at last months Stamper's 10...these make such great little gifts!!!!
And these next 2 are from when we stamped at Donna's last month....fun cards!!!
How about a recipe.....this is a Salmon Cheese Ball that I made for my Open House....have had a few people ask for the recipe....it made 2, and so I took it to dinner at my Daughter's. 

Salmon Cheese Ball

1-6 oz. can skinless, boneless Salmon  (Bumble Bee makes a really good one!!!)
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 cup onion, chopped
2 oz. diced pimento
2 TBLS. bacon bits
1 cup parsley, finely chopped

Drain salmon in a sieve.  Beat cream cheese in a large bowl till fluffy.  Fold in cheeses and bacon bits.  Add salmon.  Mix by hand till well blended.  Cut 2 sheets of waxed paper. Divide parsley on wax paper Divide salmon mixture into 2 balls and place in the middle of the waxed paper.  Roll the ball around until coated.  Wrap ball with wax paper, and place in fridge.  Chill 4 hours.  Serve with crackers. Enjoy and Bon Appetite!!!

2 comments:

  1. Cathy, I enjoy looking at all your recipes. Someday, when I start cooking again, I do plan to try some of them. They all look very good, and simple, which is my kind of recipe! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Phyllis....Simple is the only type of recipe I do!!!!!

    ReplyDelete