Tuesday, May 1, 2012

It's May!!!!

Spent yesterday with family, my Aunt and Uncle are in Denver, as my cousin, April recuperates from knee replacement surgery, so they all came down for lunch yesterday...Along with David, Aprils hubby, had a great visit!!!  Love it when family comes....even though the house is all torn up....it's family.  But they called and the carpet for the upstairs bedroom, is being installed on Wednesday...WooHoo!!!! 

Well, started on the drawers of my wall of built in's...and out of eight drawers....I had .....8 junk drawers....but not anymore, all nice and clean, and one more black trash bag out the door.  Trash man is gonna love me, and we start a new service this week...ooopppsss!!!! 
Cabinets are next...which I dread...they have been the catchall of EVERYTHING!!!!  Oh and look, the counters and shelves are still clean!!!! 

Had been craving Asparagus last week....Steven hates it....but I just love it, and this is the season for it, so I found some at WalMart of all places...and it was perfect.  Here's how I cooked it

Asparagus with Blue Cheese and Almonds
1 1/2 lbs. fresh asparagus spears
3/4 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup sliced green onions
1 tsp. dried tarragon
12 lettuce leaves
2 Tbl. crumbled bleu cheese
1 1/2 Tbl. toasted sliced almonds

1.  Snap off tough ends of asparagus.  Remove scales with a knife or vegetable peeler.
2.  Place broth in a large skillet.  Bring to a boil over med.-high heat.  Add Asparagus, green onions, and tarragon.  Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered 6-8 min.  Remove from skillet using a slotted spoon.  Discard remaining broth.
3.  Arrange asparagus on lettuce, sprinkle with blue cheese and almonds...Enjoy!!!  Bon Apetite!!!  

Had leftover tortilla soup for dinner...love chicken tortilla soup...but this had been frozen, and the chicken had turned blue from the black beans....so it was a bit strange, but tasty!!!!  Trying to use up all the leftovers from the past week of guests....so we just had Taco dip and fresh vegi's to go with it....sinfully good!!!

And now...I have to get some cards on here.....this is the last projects from this last months' Stamper's 10.  It was a sample card of the Acrylic Distress technique.
And these last 2 cards are from our club get together here,they were some of the project cards that we did.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Cathy...wow, I am so impressed..your studio looks incredible..but you are always organized..I need to hire you to come help me! I just cannot throw stuff away !!! Love your recipes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Steph...I only got half way thru pulling discontinued stuff last year...so hopefully will get it all this year, and the whole room cleaned out!!!! That's the plan...and I'm stickin to it!!!

    ReplyDelete