Sunday, May 8, 2011

Fire and Wind

This Mother's Day certainly didn't turn out quite like I had planned. We were getting ready to leave for lunch, Steven was taking me out.....and when he opened the garage door....shouted...I smell smoke. I came running out...and the whole hill, across the road had errupted in flames......We watched in horror as it raced down the hill...then kicked into gear and ran for hoses, set the sprinklers on that side of the house to stay on....and then had to just watch....Took the fire departments forever to get here....They called in Falcon, Black Forest and Ellicott....Fortunatly it didn't jump the creek bed, but if it had...the people across the street would have lost it all, and we were next. They had already moved their horses out. Way too close for me!!! The whole side of the hill is black, lots of trees gone....it will green up nice this summer if we ever get any rain.



This is across the street looking south from our lower pasture.

And how it looks now....

Road up to the top of the hill after lunch...and it came within 10 feet of a house up there. Yikes!!!!




Needless to say, we were late getting into town, and waited a while to get dinner...went to Red Lobster as I was craving shrimp. Yummmm!!!!

Bittersweet day...it would have been my Dad's Birthday...I really had to smile...he sent me a penny.....found it in the driveway when we went for a walk earlier today( if you've been to our property, we have a copper stoned gravel driveway, so to see a penny on it is amazing to start)....he was smiling down on us!!! Long story...but ever since he died...I have been finding pennies....I mean hundreds and hundreds of pennies....we always used to pick them up when I was a kid...and he'd say they were from the Angels..... So thanks Dad...for the Mother's Day Gift!!!

So, lets get some pictures on here!!!


These were some more get well wished I got in the mail this past week!!!










The first project was a mini album that we did this past year at Inkslingers...and the card is from one of our swaps....

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad you and your house are okay, and that you were able to get your Mother's Day dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Glad you are safe and that the fire was stopped. Thank you for the story about your Dad. I lost my Dad March 27th, we are still reeling from the loss.
    See ya Saturday. We (me, Shawna and Peggy Sue) have our motel reserved since we will be up there all day Friday (to shop) and Saturday. It will be a nice retreat for us.

    ReplyDelete