Friday, April 5, 2013

Thoughts & Prayers

Thoughts &; rayers, Wood # 113252, $25.95, Clear #127805, $18.95
It's a little hard to see this set...it's one of the ones that they did, using one block for 2 stamps....so it makes it a little hard...but I just love the tree and flower stamps in this set....it is a great Sympathy set....but also a great all around set!!!!  as you can see....this is a much loved set!


Here's an extra card I found that I had made up using stuff out of the Holiday Catalog...I think that is my all time favorite Catalog!!!! This may be next years Christmas card!!!!




Here are a few cards that we did as projects at Phyllis' this past month.  Love the Sesame Street ones!!!!  And they are just so dang easy!!!!

Been big into baking lately....I'm just not usually a pie person...but have made some killer ones lately!!!  Here is a really good Pecan Apple one....
Caramel-Pecan-Apple Pie
Crust
1 box refrigerated Pie crust , softened
Filling
6 C.  thinly sliced, peeled apples(@6 medium)
3/4 C. sugar
2 Tbl. all-purpose flour
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 Tbl. lemon juice
Topping
1/3 C. caramel topping
2-4 Tbl. chopped pecans
  1. Heat oven to 425 F. Make pie crust as directed on box for 2-crust pie using a 9" glass plate.
  2. In large bowl, gently mix filling ingredients, spoon into crust.  Top with 2nd crust, seal edges and flute. Cut slits or shpes in severl places on top of pie.  Cover edge with 2-3" wite strips of foil, and femove during last 15 minutes.
  3. Bake 40-45 min or until apples are tender and crust is brown.  Immediatly after removing pie from oven, drizzle caramel topping and sprinkle with pecans.  Cool at least 2 hours.  Enjoy and Bon Appetit!!!  
Thought I's show you the project I've been working on the past few weeks....

It was supposed to be larger...but first I couldn't find a piece of Aida cloth large enough without ordering it, and them after I got it all done, couldn't find a ling skinny frame big enough...so, thee is a whole section after the welcome, that I will have to make a paper weight out of.  I like the way  it came out! 

No comments:

Post a Comment